Saturday, March 26, 2011

Article: Jonathan Ive


So Everyone has probably seen this guy on every Apple commercial these last couple of years. "it is so easy" he says, and we get to see these slow flashes of apple products. But I did some checking up on the guy. Because I was curious, what is the deal with this guy anyway?

And I was surprised to learn that this guy is gonna be infamous one day (at the moment he is only a secret celebrity).

Jonathan is British, but works for Apple, and he has been awarded so many times, for designing things like the Ipod, Iphone, Ipad and Mac book pro. He is the senior vice president of design at apple. And I would have to say that it IS because of him that so many people buy apple products these days.

Did you know that the british queen knighted him (yes he is Sir Jonathan these days), probably because the queen is avid ipod user.

He designs with a magic touch. Jonathan knows how to design products that make people behave like "fish seeing something sparkling in the water". We just go after it, we don't know why. We try to invent reasons like "oh the technology", "oh this is gonna be important for my school work" etc etc.

But in the end, the apple products give people what we think we need.

Did you know that Apple pays him 2 000 000 dollars per year?

Personally I feel embaressed every time I long for a apple product, because there was a time
when I hated Apple products. (I was always more of a PC/Microsoft user).

But times change, and people change.

Did you know that the apple store was Jonathans idea?

I completely salute to this man, because he has (and Apple) put "art" and "fashion" into technology. Something that doesn't always seem to make way if you look at other technology companies.


ps.
By the way, I wanted to ask my readers to do me a huge favor. There is a "facebook fanpage", and if you like this blog, please click on it. It is sort of a way for me to see if people like the blog or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment