Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Passages

Yesterday, my daughter graduated from our church preschool. We celebrated her special day with pictures and lunch out with the grandparents. Her brother (who I took out of his kindergarten class to attend the ceremony) congratulated her, too, with a big-brother hug.

Yesterday was our last day at the preschool -- five formative years where my son and daughter learned the do's and don'ts of play; their ABCs; how to write their name; how to listen; how to be a friend.

Before we dispersed, we were treated to a photo montage set to the song, “Let Them Be Little,” by Billy Dean.  There wasn't a dry eye in the room. I'm amazed how fast my daughter (and son) have grown since I brought them home. Dean's lyrics -- which are a great example of storytelling -- call out to parents to cherish every moment with their kids..."' cause they’re only that way for a while."

Here's the video and a few of my favorite photos of my daughter's preschool years. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment