Monday, May 23, 2011

Book review: Girl Interrupted

A lot of people find it suprising that I love this book (and movie). Written by Susanna Kaysen, a self biography about a young woman who gets sent to a mental hospital for women, after a suicide attempt. I have read this book so many times. You won't even believe how many. 
Probably something to do with the fact that I read this book in the early stages of me realizing that I was depressed. And it made me feel less lonely, because reading this made me realize that being depressed is not to be alone, but to be among so many other suffering souls. 
(of course I feel 1000 times better today), but it was a long ride to hell and back, with therapy and anti depressants. But now of course I feel so much better. 
And this book, I really recommend for anyone who as ever felt different, sad, crazy or just confused. This book was so good, that I actually wanted to belong to a mental institute. Did that sound crazy? hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment