Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Review: Capote (2005)

A great visual piece of cinema history.

About Truman Capote, when he wrote the book “in cold blood”. He worked sort of a journalist digging up the story about 2 men who broke into a family home and killed the entire family. It happened in a small town where murders never happen.

The story is about how it changed him as a person, but also about two worlds collide, the criminal and the happy small town. And also about the people who did the horrible crime.

I have read the book, and it is good (no way near as good as Capote thought it was however).

The best part of this movie is Philip Hoffman Seymores performance (that won a Oscar award). He IS Capote! Really amazing performance.

Grade: 6/7





ps.
By the way,
I wanted to ask my readers to
do me a huge favor.
There is a facebook fanpage,
and if you like this blog,
please click on it.
It is sort of a way for me
to see if people like the blog or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment