Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Constitution Party Runs Practicing Catholic For Congress

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: The third largest political party in the United States is running a practicing Catholic for the 15th U.S. Congressional District. David Ryon is an army veteran and 3rd degree Knight of Columbus. He is a husband and father of two children. He is also the Constitution Party's nominee for the 15th U.S. Congressional District. He has graciously granted this exclusive interview to The Catholic Knight (TCK) blog...

-----------------------------------------

TCK: How would you describe your Catholic Christian faith to my readers?

Ryon: It is the most important part of my life. My family and I are practicing Roman Catholics at Church of the Resurrection in New Albany, Ohio. I am an active member and 3rd Degree Knight of the Knights of Columbus Council 10941. Next year, I am looking to receive my 4th Degree. My wife's parents are one of the founding families. My In-Laws who I love were excited to learn that we were becoming parishioners there as well. I love that my daughters will be sharing their spiritual life with not only my wife and I but they get to share it with their grandparents.

Our Roman Catholic faith strengthens our family when we are forced to confront challenges that life gives us especially when it challenges our faith in order to stray us away from God's path.

TCK: Would you say that your faith led you into the political arena? If so, how?

Ryon: I do believe my faith has led me into the political arena because I am the only candidate running for Congress in Ohio's 15th Congressional District who is 100% Pro-Life (conception until natural death). The republican candidate who favors abortion was recently given a "preferred status" from The Ohio Right to Life which is not an endorsement but it is an outrage. The Ohio Right to Life put politics ahead of principles. I wanted to make sure that Roman Catholics and those who support the Right to Life had the opportunity to vote for someone other than the lesser of two evils. John Quincy Adams stated "Duty is ours; Results are Gods".

Our Pro-Life position is Constitutional as well. As with any contract the U.S. Constitution names the parties in the opening or the Preamble in this case. It states "secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity" Posterity refers to future unborn generations of Americans. We derive our Constitutional rights from this word since none of us were there at the signing of the Constitution. Our founding fathers had the foresight to protect us by making sure we had the right to live by granting us our Constitutional right of Liberty. A denial of Life is a denial of Liberty.

"I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then." (Deut. 30:19)

TCK: You are a candidate for the Constitution Party. Why did you select that party and how does it relate to your faith as a Catholic Christian? 

Ryon: I was drawn to the Constitution Party because of the seven principles the party is founded on which are Life, Liberty, Family, Property, Constitution, State's Rights, and American Sovereignty. I would suggest to your Catholic readers visit http://www.constitutionparty.com/ and read the platform.

TCK: Because there was heavy Evangelical involvement in the early years of the Constitution Party's development, some more traditional Catholics have come to fear there might be anti-Catholic sentiments within the party structure. What would you say to such fears? and what is your personal experience as a Catholic working within the Constitution Party? 

Ryon: As a Roman Catholic member of the Constitution Party, I have not seen or heard any anti-catholic sentiment. In fact, the leadership of the Constitution Party made me feel welcomed. As a Roman Catholic, the Constitution Party's platform conforms to Roman Catholic teachings and faith. The Constitution Party platform is superior to the republican platform in that regard.

TCK: In what way would you say the grassroots TEA Party Movement is playing into the Constitution Party's message and agenda? 

Ryon: The Tea Party movement and the Constitution Party's message are similar. Both understand that we must limit the Federal Government's authority to the enumerated and delegated powers granted by Article I. Section 8. of the U.S. Constitution and end unconstitutional spending. The Tea Party movement has many fiscal conservative aspects that the Constitution Party can find common ground. The Constitution Party goes one step further by recognizing that our natural rights come from God.

TCK: What would you say to a Catholic thinking of voting for your Democrat or Republican opponents? 

Ryon: I would ask them to reconsider. My opponents do not share our Roman Catholic values, beliefs and faith. My republican and democratic opponents both support abortion, gay marriage, repealing "Don't Ask/Don't Tell", bailing out failing banks and businesses, and an unconstitutional health-care reform law which is a contradiction to the Roman Catholic teaching of Subsidiarity by Pope Leo XIII in Rerum Novarum and more recently by Pope Benedict XVI in Caritas in Veritate. Subsidiarity is also expressed within the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. The republican candidate has been endorsed by the Log Cabin Republicans (homosexual republicans). The democrat is far worse by calling herself Roman Catholic. Her personal beliefs do not reflect Roman Catholic teachings.

TCK: Thank you so much for granting this interview, and it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance. God speed in your election campaign. 

Ryon: Thank you for your time and the interview. I think its important to let people know they need to research their candidates for office. My Roman Catholic faith will be in my mind, on my lips and in my heart as hopefully the next Congressman of Ohio's 15th Congressional District.

David Ryon
Ryon for Congress Committee
5035 Magnolia Blossom Blvd.
Columbus, Ohio 43230-4068
Phone: 614.890.1362
http://www.ryonforcongress.com/

-----------------------------------------

The Catholic Knight (TCK) is grateful for this interview, and I do hope my readers have benefited from it. On a personal note, as an individual blogger, I endorse David Ryon for Ohio's 15th U.S. Congressional District, and I do hope my readers will likewise show their support for this fellow Catholic and Knight. I'll be sending him a check for his campaign, and I do hope many of my readers will likewise put their money where their mouth is. I am calling upon all faithful Catholics throughout the United States to support this candidate, and others like him, with their prayers and resources. Please also share this interview with others using the share links below, or you can cut and paste the following link: http://catholicknight.blogspot.com/2010/10/constitution-party-runs-practicing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment