Thursday, November 5, 2009

Worst Fears Come True In Healthcare Reform Bill

(WND) - U.S. House Minority Leader Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio, is warning voters across America that the "government takeover of health care" pushed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., contains a "monthly abortion premium" for participants of a proposed government insurance company.

The issue of abortion funding in the Democratic plan has been contentious, with many moderate Democrats who recognize their constituents oppose mandating taxpayer funding for abortion concerned about the underlying support for the industry in the proposals.

Members of the GOP largely have opposed the health-care plan for a multitude of reasons, including abortion funding.

Today on his House blog, Boehner said the plan sets up funding for abortion-industry leaders that could include Planned Parenthood....

read full story here
THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: So I wrote to my congressman and two senators about this, and I received no response from the two republicans - silence. From the one democrat senator I received a response. She said she was not aware of any legislation in this congress that planned to publicly fund abortion. I guess she thinks I'm stupid.

Since I'm obviously not represented in this congress, 'The Catholic Knight' puts a call out to my readers. Write your congressman and senators and urge them to vote "no" on this healthcare reform bill.

I fully expect the legislation to pass anyway, because the Democrat controlled congress knows they'll be thrown out in the 2010 election, so their window of opportunity for change is closing. I think they're more concerned about their legacies right now, than their own political careers, but that's just my thinking on the matter. Go ahead and send them emails, and call their local offices. At this point, what have we got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment