Thursday, April 28, 2011

THE KNIGHT'S ARMORY

Dear readers, thank you so much for your patronage.  Some time ago I posted an entry in which I indicated this blog would go inactive after the start of the New English Missal on November 27, 2011.  Shortly thereafter I received a flood of emails begging me not to quit blogging.  Some of them were very touching.  Many of them indicated that this blog has served as a "ministry" that has helped them in their walk of faith.  Some even stated that their conversion to the Catholic Church was due in large part to this blog. Needless to say, after such a flood of positive support and appeals to keep blogging, I talked it over with my wife and we decided I should keep it going.

Now with that said comes the other shoe to drop.  You will notice that in the upper corner of the left sidebar is a new link to THE KNIGHT'S ARMORY.  Actually, this is an old idea I had a long time ago, but it has now been resurrected for present use.  I don't really want to go into the details as to why I was contemplating a shut down of this blog a while back, but suffice it to say that my wife and I agree it needs to be a little more "productive" to justify the time I put into it.  Now there are many other bloggers out there who regularly ask for donations to their blogging ministry.  I have resolved from the beginning never to do this.  I received the message I preach free of charge, and I will not leave my readers with the impression that they should donate for the same message.  If it came to me free of charge, than I will pass it on to you the same way.  So instead of requesting donations, I decided instead to open a web store through Amazon.com.  That way my readers can shop to acquire actual things while a portion of the proceeds go directly to me, which in turn go toward my childrens' education in Catholic school.  So by shopping through THE KNIGHT'S ARMORY, you're not only helping this blogger, but you're helping his kids and their local parish school.  By simply clicking on the link, and visiting the store, you can order from the items I've provided, or you can search for more items (not necessarily Catholic related), and a portion of every dollar you spend helps us out.

I feel a lot better about doing it this way.  By taking donations, it would be like you're paying for what I write on this blog, and I've always resolved that I would provide this blog free of charge.  However, by providing a web store, you're getting something tangible for your money, and you're helping my family out at the same time.  The way I see it, this is the way it should be.

I am open to suggestions.  If you see an item that you think should be offered in THE KNIGHT'S ARMORY please let me know.  If you have any editing suggestions, I am open to that too.  Don't like a product you got through the ARMORY?  Let me know, and I may get rid of it.  The ARMORY is there for you, my readers, and I want to do the best I can to make it work well for you.  My email address is: thecatholicknight@gmail.com

So next time you decide to do a little web shopping, for whatever it may be, stop by THE KNIGHT'S ARMORY first, and click through before going on to whatever product you're looking for.  If you would like to bookmark it, here is the link: http://astore.amazon.com/thecatholicci-20

Thank you very much.  This helps my family and it helps keep this blog going.

Sincerely yours in Christ,

The Catholic Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment